An attorney for a real estate transaction is not required if the transaction is an indirect one, by transferring the stocks, but it is highly advised to have one.


If you the property is being sold through a direct transfer, using a public deed transfer, you will need a public notary to put the agreement into record and submit it to the national registry of Costa Rica (Registro Nacional).

General content provided by Javier Sauma at SAUMA ROSSI Law Firm in Costa Rica.


Articles you might like