Leading the way for health & safety.
The LX Costa Rica team follows a strict protocol for the health and safety of our team, clients, LX Partners and community members. In-person visits are kept to a minimum but we continue to offer a full range of experience for sellers, buyers, renters, and clients interested in Costa Rica’s top luxury properties.
Heightened screening and proactive communication. In addition to our existing safeguards and guidelines, LX Agents follow a careful Covid-19 protocol and share guidelines for each of the parties involved prior to any in-person visits.
A team effort with more attention to detail. Each LX agent or team member can explain additional procedures and how they are managing safety for staff, clients and team under specific circumstances.
[button color=”black” size=”big” link=”https://content.lxcostarica.com/covid” icon=”fa fa-external-link” target=”false” nofollow=”false”] LX COVID-19 Information Center[/button]
LX Digital experiences for real estate. LX Agents have increased efforts to better serve clients, agents and partners through online consultations, guided digital tours, video showings and in-person property visits on a limited basis.
6 general guidelines. Follow the specific protocols for real estate activities during COVID-19, but you can start with these six principles that apply each step of the way.
As an LX agent you share the responsibility of health and safety not only for yourself and your family, but also for the people you engage with including the LX team, property owners, managers, buyers and renters, and other community members. Please carefully consider the risks involved before agreeing to participate in-person either directly or indirectly. In most cases, you should prefer virtual visits, digital tours, online consultations and online meetings before deciding to participate in-person.
Help your LX clients to make informed decisions but don’t provide advice that is outside of your area of expertise. Remember, and remind your clients, that you are a real estate professional, not a public health expert.
As always, communication is key. Make sure that you stay in contact with your homeowners, clientes and other agents, keep them updated and provide advice as possible. Explain procedures and be receptive to their feedback as we all work to keep safe.
Visits and in-person activities with LX Costa Rica are restricted to the lowest number of people possible. In most cases, the visit will be limited to 2 individuals: the LX agent and one representative of the interested buyer or renter. In some cases, one other member of the buyer household may participate but we try to avoid it. If there is an external agent representing either side, coordinate separately prior to the visit. Any other individuals, property inspectors or household members will either be limited to a virtual visit or require further programming. Keep in mind that during the visit we must limit presence to 1 person per 4m2 (roughly 53 sq.ft.) so additional participants can complicate movement or conversation within the property.
The LX team follows a careful protocol and also extends guidelines to all parties involved prior to a live meeting, visit, showing or property tour. These guidelines are fluctuating and meant to adjust to the changes and uncertainty of our situation. Please visit the LX Costa Rica online resources for the most updated information.
Plan ahead to avoid unnecessary risks. Special circumstances require more attention to detail and a proactive approach. Be sure to share the necessary information directly with all parties involved.
Read, study, and understand each of the individual documents and guidelines used in the process.
Prepare your own LX COVID kit including disposable gloves, face masks, booties, alcohol-based gel or hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes.
Keep careful detailed records. This is even more important now, but remember to use the LX system to properly document all visits, people and properties involved, dates and times, and any additional detail.
[toggle title=”Initial considerations for the visit (LX agents)” state=”close”]
✓ Confirm all parties have read and understood the LX COVID Risk and Responsibility Notice, LX General Health and Safety Guidelines – COVID, and the specific guidelines for sellers, buyers, renters, or agents.
Ask the property owner, property manager, or tenants if they have tested positive for Coronavirus, present any COVID-19 related symptoms, have knowingly been in contact with a person confirmed with the infectious disease, or traveled outside the country in the last 14 days.
Ask the visiting buyer, potential tenant, agent or representative if they have tested positive for Coronavirus, present any COVID-19 related symptoms, have knowingly been in contact with a person confirmed with the infectious disease, or traveled outside the country in the last 14 days.
You know your clients best. Please help us understand your needs and communicate proactively to reduce uncertainly.
Visits and in-person activities with LX Costa Rica are restricted to the lowest number of people possible. In most cases, the LX team will work to limit property visits to 2 individuals: the potential client and the LX agent. In some cases, we can coordinate so you or one other member of the potential client household may participate. This must be coordinated separately prior to the visit. Any other individuals, property inspectors or household members will either be limited to a virtual visit or require further programming.
Keep in mind that during the visit we must limit presence to 1 person per 4m2 (roughly 53 sq.ft.) ,so additional participants can complicate movement or conversation within the property.
If you have any other showings planned, please schedule a minimum of 45 minutes before and after the visits or showings in order to avoid possible overlap due to delays.
As always, communication is key. Everyone depends on your proactive communication. Make sure that you stay in contact and keep everyone updated of how you are managing safety for staff, clients and team in times of coronavirus.
[toggle title=”Guidelines BEFORE the visit (LX agents)” state=”close”]
✓ Document and confirm within the LX System the exact number of people that will be on the property for the visit, including their names, dates and times.
- Share the general COVID Risk and Responsibility page with all related parties involved in the visit or showing, including anyone currently living or using the property and anyone visiting the property.
- Send the general guidelines to each of the parties involved.
- Send the specific seller or buyer highlights to each of the parties involved.
- Document and confirm within the LX System the exact number of people that will be on the property for the visit, including their names, dates and times.
- Put on any necessary protective equipment
- Confirm with the property manager that the property is ready for the visit.
- Follow the following instructions for you and the visiting clients:
- Leave your phone in the car. In most cases, it’s better not to bring your phone or electronic equipment onto the property.
- Wash your hands immediately prior to entering the property or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Please remove shoes and/or wear footies before entering if this is an indoor property visit.
[toggle title=”Guidelines DURING the visit (external agents)” state=”close”]
- Be patient. Social distancing might make things a little different than you or your clients expected. The LX agent will limit their and your use of documents and electronics within the property, so you may need to wait until you’re off-property for some additional information or clarification.
- The LX Costa Rica team will make all efforts possible to limit or reduce the number of people present during property during the visit.
- Continue to follow the General Health and Safety Guidelines
- Carefully guide the visiting client to avoid direct surface contact or any unnecessary pauses indoors.
- Wipe down the front door handle, any internal doorknobs or door handles that require opening or closing, any light switches or feature controls that require turning on or off during the visit
- As appropriate, disinfect the premises as you go, especially the areas that you or any participants have touched.
[toggle title=”Guidelines AFTER the visit (LX agents)” state=”close”]
- Help the visiting client with their follow-up process.
- Remove protective equipment once outside the property or before entering your vehicle.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Wipe car handle and the steering wheel after being in and out of houses
- Wipe your phone before use.
- Ask the property owner if they require additional assistance completing the post-visit process.
Remind visitors to notify us of any symptoms. If your clients or any visiting parties experience any COVID-19 related symptoms in the 14 days after their visit AND test positive for Coronavirus, they need to notify the LX team.
As an LX agent you share the responsibility of health and safety not only for yourself and your family, but also for the people you engage with including the LX team, your clients, and other community members. In most cases, you should instruct your clients to prefer virtual visits, digital tours, online consultations and online meetings before deciding to participate in-person.